Jane Dumsha, Ph.D., CHES, Director of ORSP
Dr. Dumsha has overall responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. She coordinates research opportunity dissemination, reviews and processes proposals to all potential sponsors, assists in review/negotiation of agreements and proposals, and coordinates internal approvals of grants, contracts, subawards, and modifications. She is also the electronic signing official for proposals and narrative progress reports, including NIH eRA Commons and HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHBs).
Theresa (Fullerton) Stem, Research Compliance Specialist
Ms. Fullerton serves as the coordinator for the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). She also helps to coordinate preparation and submission of proposals.
Services Provided by ORSP
- identifies potential governmental, corporate and private sponsors
- assists in obtaining application materials
- assists in proposal preparation
- prepares Statements of Intent for interinstitutional proposals
- provides recommendations for budget development
- coordinates internal approvals
- coordinates proposal submission, ensuring adherence to sponsor instructions
- ensures compliance with PCOM policies and federal regulations
- negotiates grant and contract terms with appropriate funding agencies and subcontractors.