We now have a set of 45 citations dealing with the topic of
anemia and penicillins. These
articles also use a form of the word prevent or prophyla
in the title or abstract.
We can stop and review these articles or we can further limit
There are common limits listed directly below the box labeled "Enter
Keyword or phrase".
These Limits are:
- Local Holdings limit is no longer available.
- Full Text limits to journal titles that are
available in OVID's Full Text collection (over
400 journal titles) or available
in another collection
and directly accessible by clicking
(LinkSource) icon. LinkSource is an
external link resolver that links from a citation in one database to
the full text in another (e.g., from OVID to Science Direct, from EBSCO
to PsycARTICLES, etc.).
Note that PCOM subscribes to over 3,000 full text electronic journals
which are not in the Journals@ Ovid collection so you will not see a
OVID Full Text link. For non-OVID journls, links from the OVID citation to
the full text if available. For non-subscribed titles, links to a populated InterLibrary
Loan Request Form.
- Human articles which are primarily about human
subjects. It will retain articles about both human and animal subjects.
If you limit by Age Group you do not need to use this limit.
- English Language articles which are written in the
English language. Foreign language articles with English abstracts will
be eliminated by a limit to English.
- Review Articles articles which are reviews of a
subject. For NLM databases this includes all review types: Review
Literature; Review of Reported Cases; Review, Academic; Review,
Multicase; and Review, Tutorial.
- Abstracts references with abstracts or summaries of
- Latest Update citations from the most recent update
of the database.
- EBM Reviews Article Reviews from the Best Evidence
database (ACP Journal Club or Evidence-based Medicine)
and Topic Reviews from Cochrane
Library of Systematic Reviews.
- Publication Year
- View the sample screen
- Check the Limit to: boxes for: Human
and English Language
Note: The system will automatically LIMIT your last
- Click on Perform Search button