PCOM's Educational Specialist degree program in School Psychology (Ed.S.) is an innovative, applied professional psychology program designed for students with a Master's degree in School Psychology or a related field (e.g., education, counseling, social work, etc.) who are seeking certification in the field of school psychology. The Ed.S. program offers a progressive curriculum designed to prepare practitioners in various aspects of school psychology including assessment, consultation, academic and behavioral intervention, counseling, and crisis intervention and prevention. The program trains students from a cognitive-behavioral framework to conceptualize issues and to develop a coordinated system of service promoting health, learning, and well-being for all children.
As a student in the Ed.S. program in School Psychology, you can:
- Maintain employment while completing coursework (with the exception of the internship year)
- Complete the certification program in 3 years
- Meet the requirements for certification as a school psychologist in Pennsylvania and other states and be eligible to apply for National School Psychologist Certification
- Receive specialized training in cognitive-behavior therapy and interventions
- Obtain knowledge and skills related to the integration of health and school psychology
- Learn from an exceptional and innovative faculty comprised of leaders in the field of school psychology